Doritos and tortilla chips has the beautifully shapes. It is also the well-expanding and convenient leisure food. Its taste is crispy and nutritious. And it can also be sold at home and abroad. So they became one of the favorite snacks of many people. But they are not the same things.
Statistics show that in China the retail market size of snack food industry has grown from 401.4 billion yuan in 2010 to 7,355 yuan in 2015, with an annual growth rate of 12.9%. And then size of the snack food retail market in 2016 was approximately 822.4 billion yuan, and the scale is also expected to reach trillions by 2020. What's moer, the annual growth rate from 2016 to 2020 is expected to reach 12.1%. So it promote the manufacturers to create their equipment and processing techniques.
1. What Is The Doritos?
Doritos is an American brand of flavored tortilla chips produce in 1964 by Frito-Lay, a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo. The original Doritos were not flavored. The first flavor is Toasted Corn，released in 1966, followed by Taco in 1967 and Nacho Cheese in 1972. Other specialty flavors began to make their debut during the late 1980s. The concept for Doritos originated in a restaurant at Disneyland. What's more, Doritos has also gained notability for its marketing campaigns.
2. What Is Tortilla?
With an origin of Mesoamerica in the indigenous period, the tortilla is a flatbread. Also it use the unleavened, water-based corn or wheat dough as raw materials. It is also common in Mexican cuisines and is the basis of many dishes including vegetables, meat, and cheese. While a tortilla is smaller, which makes it easy to cut into half. Tortillas also do not contain any spices and flavors.
Varieties of tortilla include:
1. Wheat tortillas
These are using wheat and contain leavening agents such as baking powder, salt, and fat as the materials. They include tacos, quesadillas, and burritos.
2. Corn tortillas
Common in Central American and Mexican dishes, these are the maize corn. They include chilaquiles, tostadas, flautas, and enchiladas.
3. What Are The History Of The Tortilla Chips And Processing Steps?
The corn in a tortilla chip undergoes a process known as nixtamalization. Then to soak and cook the corn in an alkaline solution such as lime water. And then hulling, grounding and making into tortillas.
The tortillas are then sliced and fried into crispy chips.
This ancient process was developed by the peoples of what is today Mesoamerica.
Tortilla chips, however, were invented in the late 1940s in Los Angeles.
4. What Is The Equipments In The Industrial Doritos Chips Making Machine?
1. Flour mixer
2. Screw conveyor
5. Separating and cooling rotary drum
6. Shaping-continuous fryer
7. Vibrate de-oiler
8. Flavoring machine
9. Packing machine
5. What Are The Processing Steps Of The Doritos?
Doritos chips making machine is an puffed food equipment. And also it according to the needs of domestic and foreign markets to develop. The automatic doritos production line is simple to operate. So it is easy to learn and understand. And it is also an ideal choice for manufacturers to engage in Doritos. It can produce various shapes The Doritos chips is crispy in the mouth, oily but not greasy, leave a lingering fragrance after eating. What’s more, it can promote digestion in the intestines, making consumers a food after meals.
1. Raw materials: corn powder, rice powder, wheat flour, bean powder etc.
2. Products: by changing cutting roller on shaping machine, this line can produce many innovative shapes, like round, triangle, oval, etc. after frying, the chips will be quite crispy; spraying some seasoning powder will make them much savory and delicious.
3. It mainly uses corn starch and rice flour as raw materials, and then put them into the mixer to make them mix evenly.
4. Using the motor as the power screw conveying, to convey the raw materials into the feeding hopper of the twin screw extruder. Also it can ensure the fast feeding, and reduce the second time pollution from human contact.
5. Twin-screw feed extruder: Under the conditions of high temperature and high pressure. So the starch structure in the raw materials changes to become easily absorbed nutrients. Through the feed mold to squeeze out the products. And then through the adjustment the cutting speed of the motor to get the fish feed pellets of the same size.
6. Then get them into the fryer. The fryer can ensure that to expose the oil to the high temperatures. And then it can set the frying time. So the fries go into the fryer which has a temperature of 200°C.
7. After cooling, seasoning mixer machine can add the different flavors on them. So the flavoring machine can spread flavors evenly and thoroughly on the it.